I was visiting the weekly challenge at SCS again this week, look at this cool technique, Rubber Band Stamping…but no shooting the rubber bands around! Thanks again to Lynn in St. Louis for permission on featuring her today. Look at how cute this card is!
- A wood or acrylic block
- Embossing ink (embossing powder is optional)
- Card Stock
- Sponge or daubers
How do you do this?
- First you wrap several rubber bands around your block, criss-crossing them in various directions.
- Next, take your rubber-banded block and ink up the rubber bands with your embossing ink (I used Versamark) and stamp onto your cardstock. I went in several different directions until I had filled the cardstock with the impressions.
- Now you can either let your embossing ink dry, or if you prefer, you can apply embossing powder and heat emboss.
- Lastly, apply your ink using your sponges or daubers to add color to the cardstock. The embossing ink, or embossed images will resist the ink, leaving your with a unique design.
Okay, now it is your turn to try this technique. If you would like me to feature you, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for stopping at the corner.