Did I mention that I am excited that May is National Scrapbooking month? If you have ready my posts this past week, you already know that answer to that…YES! My mind has been going none stop thinking of ideas and reasons to scrapbook. Have you wondered why someone would want to scrapbook, or what type of scrapbook to make?
I bet that some of you when you think of a scrapbook think of a 12 x 12, 8-1/2 x 11, or a 6 x 6 binder. Yes, these are the more typical sizes, but there are so many different sizes, different styles, and shapes of scrapbooks, or we could even say memory keepers. I will not let all my secrets out right now, but I plan on share many different ideas with you over the next few months (or longer).
One thing I do want to share, and I hope it will get your mind going on ideas, is a list of scrapbooking ideas. I would love for you to share your ideas with us, and you can do that by leaving a comment.
First of all, I think most of us think about the typical themes for scrapbooks (wedding, baby shower, birthday, holiday), but here are some maybe not so common ideas. Just keep in mind, when it boils down to it, scrapbooking is about preserving memories.
1. How about a recipe book with your favorite recipes and pictures to go with. Along the same lines, do you have Grandma's secret cookie recipe? Maybe you have a picture of you helping make those cookies. Add a couple of sentences of some found memories of eating those cookies.
2. What about a scrapbook Birthday party. Let's say you have a Sweet Sixteen birthday coming up in your family. Have all her friends help out making a scrapbook of the event. Take a group photo and get multiple copies made, and have each on make a page for themselves too.
3. The husband of a good friend smokes cigars, and for those of you that don't know, most (if not all) cigars comes with a ring around it which is like a label or their trademark. Well, he would like her to do something with the rings to keep them, so she is going to make a cigar ring scrapbook for him.
4. Scrapbooks are also a great gift idea. What a neat idea to give someone that is going on a trip or just returned from a trip as travel scrapbook.
5. How about a hand-stamped card scrapbook. Make a scrapbook of your favorite cards that you have received.
Okay, I really could keep going here, and will add to the list later, but I want to hear from you and your ideas? Just post a comment below.