I have been thinking about a box full of pictures (actually at least a couple of boxes) that I need to go through and put in a scrapbook. I want to share some of my scrapbook ideas with you.
I bet that some of you, when you think of a scrapbook, you think of a 12" x 12", 8-1/2" x 11", and a 6" x 6" binder. Yes, these are the more typical sizes, but there are so many different sizes, different styles, and shapes of scrapbooks, or we could even say memory keepers. I will not let all my secrets out right now, but I plan on share many different ideas with you in the months to come. One thing I do want to share, and I hope it will get your mind going on ideas, is a list of scrapbooking ideas.
First of all, I think most of us think about the typical themes for scrapbooks (wedding, baby shower, birthday, holiday), but here are some others that might not be so common ideas. Just keep in mind, when it boils down to it, scrapbooking is about preserving memories.
1. How about a recipe book with your favorite recipes and pictures of your creation. Along the same lines, do you have Grandma's secret cookie recipe? Do you have a picture of you helping Grandma make her secret cookie recipe? That would be a cute picture to add to the recipe. Add a couple of sentences of some found memories of eating those cookies.
2. What about a scrapbook Birthday party. Let's say you have a Sweet Sixteen birthday coming up in your family. Have all her friends help out making a scrapbook of the event. Take a group photo and get multiple copies made, and have each on make a page for themselves too.
3. The husband of a good friend smokes cigars, and for those of you that don't know, most (if not all) cigars comes with a ring around it which is like a label or their trademark. Well, he would like her to do something with the rings to keep them, so she is going to make a cigar ring scrapbook for him.
4. Scrapbooks are also a great gift idea. What a neat idea to give someone a travel scrapbook that is going on a trip or just returned from a trip.
5. How about a hand-stamped card scrapbook. Make a scrapbook of your favorite cards that you have received.
What do you think about those ideas? Do you have any ideas to add? Just post a comment below.
Thanks for stopping at Jill's Stamping Corner (JSC),